Study for the Figure of Gulliver
- ca. 1769
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (29.2 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, verso: "Gilpin original study of the [illegible] of/ Gulliver landing."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | figure study | literary theme | portrait | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Study for the Figure of Gulliver, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.