Study for the Figure of Gulliver
- ca. 1769
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (29.2 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, verso: "Gilpin original study of the [illegible] of/ Gulliver landing."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | figure study | literary theme | portrait | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Study for the Figure of Gulliver, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.