Roman Chariot Drawn by Three Horses, with Charioteer and other Figures
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 15 7/8 inches (26.7 × 40.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "066 B Mellon"
Watermarks: Heawod 3020
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chariot | historical subject | horses (animals) | Roman
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Roman Chariot Drawn by Three Horses, with Charioteer and other Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.