- Hound Trial with hounds named
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/16 × 9 inches (11 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, center: "[Phisbery?]"; center right:" R/Richmond"; lower center: "Gipsey/ [Jall?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dogs (animals) | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunting | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Hound Trial with hounds named, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.