IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Study for Forest of Kale with Figure, ca. 1940
Study for Forest of Kale with Figure
- ca. 1940
- Graphite, brown wash, and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 × 30 inches (55.9 × 76.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "d | 74 | 74 | c"; lower left: "c | e | f | g | b | d"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | figures | forest | hood | landscape | lantern | leaves | staff | stalk | vine | vineyard
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.