- ca. 1765
- Pastel on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Frame: 38 1/2 × 33 × 3 3/8 inches (97.8 × 83.8 × 8.6 cm) and Sheet: 30 1/2 × 24 7/8 inches (77.5 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed in yellow chalk, lower right: "Countess | of | Lonsdale"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson Ltd.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blue | dress | embroidery | genre subject | leisure | portrait | sitting | woman
- Associated People:
- Lowther, Mary (1740–1824), eldest daughter of the third Earl of Bute
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lady Mary Lowther, 1740–1824, British, Self-portrait, ca. 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.