Hardships in the Camp
- 1855, printed 1856
- Salted paper print on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 6 1/2 inches (17.8 × 16.5 cm) and Mount: 23 × 16 1/2 inches (58.4 × 41.9 cm)
Lettered on mount, below image: "Captn. Brown | Col. Low. | Captn. George. | Hardships in the Camp | Depose. | Photograph by R. Fenton. Manchester, Published by T. Agnew & Sons, Jany. 1st 1856 | London, P&D Colnaghi & Co. Paris, Moulin 23 Rue Richer. New York, Williams &Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Ann Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cups | kettle | portrait | soldiers | wheelbarrow
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Roger Fenton, 1819–1869, British, Hardships in the Camp, 1855, printed 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.