Mr. Plumer's Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: horse traced from recto
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: , Sheet: 9 3/16 x 9 5/16 inches (23.3 x 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower left, "Mr. Plumer's horse | from the life"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 3457 (J Whatman)
Signed in graphite, lower center: "S.Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.