Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Study for Forest of Kale, ca. 1940
Study for Forest of Kale
- ca. 1940
- Graphite, brown wash, and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 7/8 × 29 3/4 inches (60.6 × 75.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "veins show lighter | in shadow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | forest | leaves | stalk | vine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.