Sketchbook Study of Carved Stone, Pavement, and Wild Flowers
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 × 16 inches (45.4 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "grey patches | nothing to do with | contour"; upper right: "this | part in | darker, dirty | yellow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flowers | masonry | plants | Stone carving
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Sketchbook Study of Carved Stone, Pavement, and Wild Flowers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.