Mural Design for Little Paddocks No.1
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 × 30 inches (47.6 × 76.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Scale 3/4" = 1' "; lower left: "Scale 1/4" =1' | Alternative Suggestion for Arches."; center right to lower right: "Plan of Existing Front Wall | Little Paddocks, Sunningdale, Berks | Suggested Scheme of Mural Decoration in Loggia. | Eliot Hodgkin | 71 Royal Hospital Rd | SW3 | Flaxman 5704"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | fountain | garden | landscape | pond
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Mural Design for Little Paddocks No.1, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.