- Collegium Sancti Iohannis Evangelista Cantabrigia illustrata
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 22 × 17 inches (55.9 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "X"; lower right: "before the No. (26)"
Lettered above image: "Collegium Sancti Iohannis Evangelistae"; in cartouche, upper right: "Reverendo admodium in Christo Patri ac Domino | Dno. PETRO GUNNING Elienst Episcopo in Acad Cantab... | Delineatione jure optimo, D.D.C.L.D.Loggan."; center right: "A. Capella | B. Bibliatheca. | C. Refectorium | D. Magistri Hospitium | E. Culina | F. Area Vetus | G. Aedificium Novum | H. Piscinae | I. Speristerium | K. Ambulacra | L. Janua qui ducit ad agros. | M.M. pedes 217"; lower right: "Dav. Loggan Delin. et. Sculp. cum Privill. S.R.M."; extensive latin text below image.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Helen Chillman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gardens
- Associated Places:
- Cambridge | St. John's College
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Loggan, 1633–1692, British, Collegium Sancti Iohannis Evangelista Cantabrigia illustrata, 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.