The Male Popaw Tree, Papaya, Plate 14
- Part Of:
- Line engraving with hand coloring on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 13 7/8 × 9 inches (35.2 × 22.9 cm) and 11 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (28.9 × 19.1 cm)
Lettered upper left: "Plate. 14."; upper right: "P.181"; lower right: "To His most serene Highness | The Duke of Orleans | This Plate is humbly Inscrib'd | &c. | G.D.Ehret. delin & Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bernard Kosto, Yale 1957, MD 1962
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | fruit
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Georg Dionysius Ehret, 1708–1770, German, The Male Popaw Tree, Papaya, Plate 14, 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.