IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, Coastal Scene in India, undated
Coastal Scene in India
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 × 24 inches (46.4 × 61 cm), Frame: 29 5/8 × 35 1/4 × 2 inches (75.2 × 89.5 × 5.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center:
bn For Warren Hastings Esqre | No.28 View of Garden Reach from Sir John Boyd's Villa
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "C.D'Oyly. 28th. May 1806"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bruce McCashin
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elephant (animal) | houses | inlet | landscape | marine art | river | ships | shore (landform) | turbans | workers
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.