Piggyback Dancing; Tamara Yeardye on Alexander Kasterine, Cordelia Hart on Paddy Turner, and Cathy Kasterine above Charlotte Holt, Bobbin Ball, Empire Rooms
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "A/P 1 | Piggyback dancing, Tamara Yeardye on Alexander Kasterine, Cordelia Hart | on Paddy Turner & Cathy Kasterine above | Charlotte Holt at the Bobbin Ball. Empire Rooms, | 1983"; lower left: "Printed 2016"
Studio mark: "DAFYDD JONES | Whydown Lodge TN39 4RG"
Signed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Dafydd Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Hyman Collection, London (Claire and James Hyman)
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dance | genre subject | party | portrait | teenagers
- Associated People:
- Mellon, Tamara, OBE (née Yeardye; born 1967), British fashion designer, businesswoman, and magazine editor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Dafydd Jones, born 1965, British, Piggyback Dancing; Tamara Yeardye on Alexander Kasterine, Cordelia Hart on Paddy Turner, and Cathy Kasterine above Charlotte Holt, Bobbin Ball, Empire Rooms, 1983
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.