Walking to Work at Swan Hunter's Shipyard, Wallsend, Newcastle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Vintage gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 5/8 inches (27.9 × 37.1 cm), Image: 7 1/2 × 11 inches (19.1 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "8842"; upper center: "Printed 1970"; lower left: "Walsend Newcastle 1963"
Studio marks, stamped and blind embossed: "Photographed | and Printed | by | Colin Jones ©"
Signed on verso in graphite: "Colin Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Hyman Collection, London (Claire and James Hyman)
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brick | cityscape | cranes | dock | genre subject | stone | worker
- Associated Places:
- England | Newcastle | Wallsend
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Colin Jones, 1936–2021, British, Walking to Work at Swan Hunter's Shipyard, Wallsend, Newcastle, 1963
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.