Ari Up, the Slits Dressing Room
- Additional Title(s):
Ari-Up in the Slits Dressing Room with Paul Simonon and an Unknown Man
- Gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 inches (24.1 × 30.5 cm) and Image: 6 7/8 × 10 1/8 inches (17.5 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Taken 1977 | Printed 2001"
Signed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Caroline Coon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Hyman Collection, London (Claire and James Hyman)
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dressing room | genre subject | portrait
- Associated People:
- Forster, Ariane Daniela (1962–2010), German vocalist known by her stage name Ari Up, member of the English punk rock band The Slits
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Caroline Coon, born 1945, British, Ari Up, the Slits Dressing Room, 1977
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.