Ari Up, the Slits Dressing Room
- Additional Title(s):
Ari-Up in the Slits Dressing Room with Paul Simonon and an Unknown Man
- Gelatin silver print on photographic paper
- 9 1/2 × 12 inches (24.1 × 30.5 cm) and 6 7/8 × 10 1/8 inches (17.5 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Taken 1977 | Printed 2001"
Signed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Caroline Coon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Hyman Collection, London (Claire and James Hyman)
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dressing room | genre subject | portrait
- Associated People:
- Forster, Ariane Daniela (1962–2010), German vocalist known by her stage name Ari Up, member of the English punk rock band The Slits
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Caroline Coon, born 1945, British, Ari Up, the Slits Dressing Room, 1977