Young's Night Thoughts, Page 23, "We censure nature for a span too short"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Young's Night Thoughts, Page 24, "Time, in advance, behind him hides his wings"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), 16 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (41.9 x 31.8 cm), 15 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches (40 x 31.8 cm), and 15 5/8 x 12 1/2 inches (39.7 x 31.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | beds | children | drapes | family | literary theme | men | nudes | wings | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 23, "We censure nature for a span too short", ca. 1797