The Dewerstone Near Bickleith, Devon
- Albumenized salted paper print from a waxed paper negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 inches (27.3 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on label in brown ink: "The Dewerstone, near Bickleith, Devon. | B. Browning 1856 | (Waxed Paper) | (2 1/2 hours exposure)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Charles T. Isaacs
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Dewerstone | England
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Browning, ca. 1850–1870, British, The Dewerstone Near Bickleith, Devon, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.