Young's Night Thoughts, Page 25, "Behold him, when past by; what then is seen"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Young's Night Thoughts, Page 26, "Measuring his motions by revolving spheres"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), 16 3/8 x 12 3/4 inches (41.6 x 32.4 cm), 15 7/8 x 12 5/8 inches (40.3 x 32.1 cm), and 15 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (39.4 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | bald | grass | literary theme | nudes | text | wings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in the Age of Revolutions: Hero, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]