IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Major-General James John Waterhouse, 1842–1922, British, Stonehenge, Trilithon (On the left of altar stone), 1867
Stonehenge, Trilithon (On the left of altar stone)
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 7 5/8 inches (23.8 × 19.4 cm), Mount: 13 7/8 × 10 inches (35.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "B1007"
Lettered on mount above image, upper right: "5"; below image: "STONEHENGE. | TRILITHON (B) ON THE LEFT OF ALTAR STONE. | Photographed by the Ordnance Survey Department, Colonel Sir Henry James RE: FRS: &c Director. | 1867."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coat | costume | hat | man | megaliths | trilithon | umbrella
- Associated Places:
- Stonehenge | Wiltshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Photographs | Contemporary Art: Recent Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2019-06-20 - 2019-09-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.