- Stonehenge, Trilithon (On the left of altar stone)
- Albumen print from wet collodion negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 7 5/8 inches (23.8 × 19.4 cm) and Mount: 13 7/8 × 10 inches (35.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "B1007"
Lettered on mount above image, upper right: "5"; below image: "STONEHENGE. | TRILITHON (B) ON THE LEFT OF ALTAR STONE. | Photographed by the Ordnance Survey Department, Colonel Sir Henry James RE: FRS: &c Director. | 1867."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coat | costume | hat | man | megaliths | trilithon | umbrella
- Associated Places:
- Stonehenge | Wiltshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Major-General James John Waterhouse, 1842–1922, British, Stonehenge, Trilithon (On the left of altar stone), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.