IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Linnaeus Tripe, 1822–1902, British, Sculpture from Elliot Marble Group, India, plate 30, 1859
Sculpture from Elliot Marble Group, India, plate 30
- Albumen print from waxed paper negative on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 10 3/4 inches (23.2 × 27.3 cm), Mount: 13 × 17 3/4 inches (33 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in brown ink, upper right: "30"; in graphite, lower right: "G1010"
Blind embossed: Sun and belt, "Photographer to Government"
Lettered inside image: "No. 89 | No.99 | No.84 | No.117 | No.110 | No.91 | 7 | No.93"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Isaacs and Carol Nigro
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | relief sculpture | still life
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Photographs | Contemporary Art: Recent Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2019-06-20 - 2019-09-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.