- Thomas Hayley (1780-1800)
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 8 11/16 inches (28.7 x 22.1 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (22.6 x 16.5 cm), and Image: 2 9/16 x 2 9/16 inches (6.5 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Thos. A. Hayley 1780-1800 Sculptor"; on back, lower right: "57 | 25#"
Lettered, in black ink, upper right: "To face Page 163"; center under image: "Blake. sc"; center: "THOMAS HAYLEY. | the Disciple of | John Flaxman. | from a Medallion."; lower center: "Published June 14, 1800 by Cadell & Davis Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | boy | circular | cravat | disciple | figure study | hair | medallion | portrait | profile | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Hayley, Thomas Alphonso (1780-1800), sculptor
Flaxman, John (1755-1826), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Nadia Tscherny, George Romney : Flaxman modelling the bust of Hayley, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1985 ?, pp. 2, 7, no. 10, V 0101 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Thomas Hayley (1780-1800), 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.