Nine Early Engravings by Edward Calvert, Facsimile Enlargements from the Originals Made on Copper, Wood, & Stone
- Part Of:
- Nine platinum prints and colophon in folio case on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted in gray folios
- 14 × 12 1/4 × 1/2 inches (35.6 × 31.1 × 1.3 cm) and 14 × 12 inches (35.6 × 30.5 cm)
Lettered title on portfolio: "NINE EARLY ENGRAVINGS | By EDWARD CALVERT"; lettered on colophon in letterpress type: "NINE EARLY | ENGRAVINGS | BY | EDWARD CALVERT | FACSIMILE ENLARGEMENTS | FROM THE ORIGINALS MADE | ON COPPER, WOOD & STONE | MDCCCXXVII – MDCCCXXXI | PERMANENT PHOTOGRAPHS | ON DRAWING PAPER BY | FREDERICK H. EVANS | PRIVATELY PRINTED IN | FIFTEEN SETS ONLY | MDMXXV"
Signed on colophon in black ink, center: "Frederick H. Evans | 1925"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. Kraus, Jr.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | engraving | genre subject | landscape
- Associated People:
- Calvert, Edward (English painter and printmaker, 1799-1883)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Henry Evans, 1853–1943, British, Nine Early Engravings by Edward Calvert, Facsimile Enlargements from the Originals Made on Copper, Wood, & Stone, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.