Nine Early Engravings by Edward Calvert, Facsimile Enlargements from the Originals Made on Copper, Wood, & Stone
- Part Of:
- Nine platinum prints and colophon in folio case on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted in gray folios
- Overall: 14 × 12 1/4 × 1/2 inches (35.6 × 31.1 × 1.3 cm) and Sheet (colophon): 14 × 12 inches (35.6 × 30.5 cm)
Lettered title on portfolio: "NINE EARLY ENGRAVINGS | By EDWARD CALVERT"; lettered on colophon in letterpress type: "NINE EARLY | ENGRAVINGS | BY | EDWARD CALVERT | FACSIMILE ENLARGEMENTS | FROM THE ORIGINALS MADE | ON COPPER, WOOD & STONE | MDCCCXXVII – MDCCCXXXI | PERMANENT PHOTOGRAPHS | ON DRAWING PAPER BY | FREDERICK H. EVANS | PRIVATELY PRINTED IN | FIFTEEN SETS ONLY | MDMXXV"
Signed on colophon in black ink, center: "Frederick H. Evans | 1925"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. Kraus, Jr.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | engraving | genre subject | landscape
- Associated People:
- Calvert, Edward (English painter and printmaker, 1799-1883)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Henry Evans, 1853–1943, British, Nine Early Engravings by Edward Calvert, Facsimile Enlargements from the Originals Made on Copper, Wood, & Stone, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.