The Palm Offering
- Mezzotint and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on canvas
- Sheet: 37 3/8 × 27 3/4 inches (94.9 × 70.5 cm), Plate: 31 5/8 × 22 inches (80.3 × 55.9 cm), and Image: 27 5/8 × 19 inches (70.2 × 48.3 cm)
Blind embossed: "CXV | Pilgeram & Lefèvre | Printsellers | St. James London"
Lettered below image: "Painted by F. Goodall, R.A. | London: Published Augt. 10th 1868, by E. Gambart & Co. 1 King Street, St. James's Square. | Engraved by F. Stacpoole. | THE PALM OFFERING. | .She goeth unto the grave to weep there' | St. John Chap XI, v. 31"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Linda G. Mitchell and David M. Doret, Yale BA 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anklet | bracelet | caftan | carrying | clouds | crying | frond, palm | holding | infant | mother | offering | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rock | son | tears | veil | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Stacpoole, 1813–1907, British, The Palm Offering, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.