The Palm Offering
- Mezzotint and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on canvas
- Sheet: 37 3/8 × 27 3/4 inches (94.9 × 70.5 cm), Plate: 31 5/8 × 22 inches (80.3 × 55.9 cm), and Image: 27 5/8 × 19 inches (70.2 × 48.3 cm)
Blind embossed: "CXV | Pilgeram & Lefèvre | Printsellers | St. James London"
Lettered below image: "Painted by F. Goodall, R.A. | London: Published Augt. 10th 1868, by E. Gambart & Co. 1 King Street, St. James's Square. | Engraved by F. Stacpoole. | THE PALM OFFERING. | .She goeth unto the grave to weep there' | St. John Chap XI, v. 31"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Linda G. Mitchell and David M. Doret, Yale BA 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anklet | bracelet | caftan | carrying | clouds | crying | frond, palm | holding | infant | mother | offering | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rock | son | tears | veil | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Stacpoole, 1813–1907, British, The Palm Offering, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.