- Her Majesty Queen Victoria
- Mezzotint, etching, and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 35 3/4 × 24 3/4 inches (90.8 × 62.9 cm), Plate: 34 3/8 × 22 3/4 inches (87.3 × 57.8 cm), and Image: 30 3/8 × 20 3/4 inches (77.2 × 52.7 cm)
Lettered below image: "Painted by Alfd. Edwd. Chalon, R.A. Portrait Painter to Her Majesty. | London, Published June 28, 1838, by F. G. Moon, Printseller by Special Appointment to Her Majesty & Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent, 20 Threadneedle Street. | Engraved by Samuel Cousins, A.R.A. | To The British Nation, | This Portrait of | HER MAJESTY QUEEN VICTORIA, | The first for which Her Majesty Sat in her Royal Robes of State, after her Accefsion, Painted by her own Command & presented as an | OFFERING OF FILIAL AFFECTION TO HER AUGUST MOTHER, | Is by the express permission of her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent, Most respectfully dedicated by their Obliged and devoted Servant, Fras. Grahm. Moon."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Linda G. Mitchell and David M. Doret, Yale BA 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Her Majesty Queen Victoria, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.