- View in Barnscliff, near Scarborough, when Overflowed by the Derwent
- Gray and orange wash with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper prepared with orange wash, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with wash line border
- Mount: 14 5/8 x 17 1/2 inches (37.1 x 44.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 1/4 x 16 1/16 inches (33.7 x 40.8 cm), and Sheet: 11 1/16 x 13 3/4in. (28.1 x 34.9cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on mount, lower center: "View in Barnscliff near Scarborough, when overflowed by the Derwent."
signed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Gilpin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Derwent | England | North Yorkshire | Scarborough | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, View in Barnscliff, near Scarborough, when Overflowed by the Derwent, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.