River view with Ruins
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper prepared with green wash
- Sheet: , Sheet: 9 5/16 x 12 3/8 inches (23.7 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "Rev William"
Signed on verso in graphite, upper right: "Rev William"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | landscape | river | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, River view with Ruins, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.