- A Rocky Landscape
- between 1745 and 1748
- Brown and gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper, prepared with yellow wash
- Sheet: 5 1/16 x 7 3/8 inches (12.9 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "4 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower left: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, A Rocky Landscape, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.