Landscape with Four Figures
- between 1745 and 1748
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, prepared with orange wash
- Sheet: 5 x 7 1/4in. (12.7 x 18.4cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "18 | Wm. GILPIN"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | journey | lake | landscape | mountains | road | travel | trees | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Four Figures, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.