IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Three Figures in a Hilly Landscape with Ruins, beyond, between 1745 and 1748
Three Figures in a Hilly Landscape with Ruins, beyond
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/16 x 6 3/4 inches (11.3 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "24 | Wm. GILPIN"
Collector's mark: William Gilpin (Lugt 2622a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | hills | landscape | mountains | ruins
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.