Three Figures in a Hilly Landscape with Ruins, beyond
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/16 x 6 3/4 inches (11.3 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "24 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower right: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | hills | landscape | mountains | ruins
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Three Figures in a Hilly Landscape with Ruins, beyond, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.