A Lake with Mountains Rising Beyond
- between 1745 and 1748
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, prepared with orange wash
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 7 3/8in. (11.7 x 18.7cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "27 | Wm. GILPIN"
artist's stamp of William Gilpin, lower left: "WG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | mountains | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, A Lake with Mountains Rising Beyond, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.