Bridgnorth Bridge, Shropshire
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 x 11 7/8 inches (19.2 x 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Bridgenorth Bridge & part of the Town | from a Sketch made by WMG August 30th. 1799 | drawn by W.S.Gilpin Esqr. | 8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | city | cityscape | hill | houses | landscape | river | sailboats | tower (building division) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bridgnorth | England | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Bridgnorth Bridge, Shropshire, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.