View from Behind the Colonnade, Piazza San Pietro, Rome
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Temple Remains, Paestum
- ca. 1772
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 9 1/2 inches (22.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "1752 - 89."
Signed and dated in graphite, upper center: "J. Brown"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cityscape | colonnade | columns | doors | Grand Tour | trees | villas | walls
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Brown, 1749–1787, British, View from Behind the Colonnade, Piazza San Pietro, Rome, ca. 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.