- Mr. Godschall's House
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 × 19 13/16 inches (38.1 × 50.3 cm) and Image: 12 1/16 × 17 1/16 inches (30.6 × 43.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J6293EZ30"; inscribed in graphit, lower center: "Mr. Godschall from the top of Mr. [?] garden"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "GODSCHALL'S HOUSE"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "4811"; inscribed in green pencil, upper center: "12"
Watermarks: J Whatman (letters) and Fleur-de-lys (similar to Heawood 1849)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gardener | house | landscape | man | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Devis, 1729–1817, British, Mr. Godschall's House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.