Doctor Ass (A Satire on the Law)
- Pen and brown ink, brown was and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (14.6 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed (signed?) on slip of laid paper on mount in brown ink: Abram Diepenbeck.
Collector's mark on lower mount: Prosper Henry Lanrick (Lugt 2090) Paul Mellon Collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | courthouse | donkey | judges | literary theme | satire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Abraham van Diepenbeeck, 1596–1675, Flemish, Doctor Ass (A Satire on the Law), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.