Charcoal seller, Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 7 1/8 inches (22.5 × 18.1 cm)
In graphite, lower left: "Charcoal Seller/Tenerife"; in pen and brown ink [partially superimposed on graphite inscription]: "Charcoal-Seller Tenerife"; verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "16/Edw. Chas. Mitchell"; in pen and black ink, center: "Alfred Diston | Nov. 5 1825"
Signed and dated on verso: " Alfred Diston | Nov. 5 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.