- Canary Fisherman
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 1/2 inches (23.2 × 16.5 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "Canary Fisherman; in graphite "Canary FIsherman"; on verso, in pen and grey/black ink, upper right:" Alfred Diston/Nov. 11,1825"; in pen and brown ink, upper center: "19 Edw. Chas. Mitchell"
Signed and dated on verso: "Alfred Diston/Nov. 11,1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Canary Islands | Europe | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Canary Fisherman, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.