IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Canary Fisherman, 1825
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 1/2 inches (23.2 × 16.5 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "Canary Fisherman; in graphite "Canary FIsherman"; on verso, in pen and grey/black ink, upper right:" Alfred Diston/Nov. 11,1825"; in pen and brown ink, upper center: "19 Edw. Chas. Mitchell"
Signed and dated on verso: "Alfred Diston/Nov. 11,1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Canary Islands | Europe | Spain
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.