IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Man and woman of Chasna-Tenerife, 1828
Man and woman of Chasna-Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 7 1/2 inches (22.9 × 19.1 cm)
In pen and black ink, lower right: "Aug. 3. 1828"; on verso, in pen and brown/red ink, lower center: "N° 10 Tenerife/ Man & Woman of Chasna."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dog (animal) | figure study | genre subject | man | mountain | spear | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.