- Man and woman of Chasna-Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 7 1/2 inches (22.9 × 19.1 cm)
In pen and black ink, lower right: "Aug. 3. 1828"; on verso, in pen and brown/red ink, lower center: "N° 10 Tenerife/ Man & Woman of Chasna."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dog (animal) | figure study | genre subject | man | mountain | spear | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Man and woman of Chasna-Tenerife, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.