Manner of carrying children
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured,cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 5 7/8 inches (22.9 × 14.9 cm)
In pen and black/grey ink, lower right: :Aug. 29/1828"; on verso, in pen and brown ink: "N° 23/Manner of carrying children"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel | child | costume | figure study | fountain | genre subject | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Manner of carrying children, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.