- Peasant Woman with Staff, La Palma
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (24.4 × 18.7 cm)
In pen and grey ink, lower right: "Nov. 2, 1828"; on verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center: "N° 33/Palma"
watermarks: J Whatman/Turkey Mill/ 1827 (Heawood 3464)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject | peasant | staff | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | La Palma | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasant Woman with Staff, La Palma, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.