View in the Barracano de Martianez, Port Orotava, Tenerife, looking Northward
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 inches (15.6 × 20.3 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "View in the Barranco de Martianez/ Port Orotava Tenerife/ looking Northward"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "May 16 |1820"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "7 | Edwd. Chas. Mitchell"; in graphite, center: "En El Barranco de Martianez"
Signed in pen and brown ink, on verso, lower right: "Alfred Diston"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cliffs | figures | landscape | passage | ravine
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, View in the Barracano de Martianez, Port Orotava, Tenerife, looking Northward, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.