- View from part of Port Orotava, Tenerife from La Caldeva, near Sancho
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (15.6 × 17.1 cm)
In pen and black ink, lc: View of part of Port Orotava, Tenerife/ from la Caldeva, near Sancho; on verso, in pen and brown ink, ul: 10/Edw. Chas. Mitchell; in graphite, upper center: "Parte del Puerto de la Orotava/vista desde [?] Sancho"
Signed in pen and black ink on verso, center:" Alfred DIston/Tenerife | June 21st | 1821"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | coast | fishers | landscape | ocean
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, View from part of Port Orotava, Tenerife from La Caldeva, near Sancho, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.