Female huckster of Port Orotava
- Watercolor, pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (24.4 × 19.7 cm)
On verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center:" N° 7 | Tenerife | Female Huckster of | Port Orotava; in graphite, c: July | 1828"
watermarks: J Whatman/ 1823 (not in Churchill, Heawood, Shorter)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | costume | figure study | genre subject | merchant | path | road | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Female huckster of Port Orotava, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.