Female huckster of Port Orotava
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (24.4 × 19.7 cm)
On verso, in pen and red/brown ink, lower center:" N° 7 | Tenerife | Female Huckster of | Port Orotava; in graphite, c: July | 1828"
Watermark: J Whatman/ 1823 (not in Churchill, Heawood, Shorter)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | costume | figure study | genre subject | merchant | path | road | vegetables | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Female huckster of Port Orotava, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.