Walking Dress, Tenerife
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (21.3 × 19.1 cm)
In graphite, lower center: "Walking Dress | Tenerife"; in pen and brown ink, superimposed on graphite inscription: "Walking Dress |Tenerife"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "11/ Edwd. Chas. Mitchell"; in pen and grey ink, center right: "Alfred Diston/ Port Orotava/ 30th Nov. 1824"
watermarks: J Whatman/1823 (not in Churchill, Heawood, Shorter)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dress | figure study | hats | shawls | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.