- Peasants of Ycod el alto, Tenerife
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly texured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 7 1/8 inches (23.8 × 18.1 cm)
In pen and brown ink, lower center: "Peasants of Tcod el alto, Tenerife"; on verso, in pen and brown ink, upper left: "13 | Edwd. Chas. Mitchell"; in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Alfred Diston |Tenerife | Decr 8/ 1825"
Signed in pen and black ink on verso :"Alfred Diston/ Tenerife/Decr 8/ 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject | peasants | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Peasants of Ycod el alto, Tenerife, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.