Barandilles, a woman on a donkey
- Watercolor, pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 7 1/8 inches (23.5 × 18.1 cm)
In pen and black/grey ink, lower left: "Sept. 22 1828"; on verso, in pen and brown/red ink, lower center: "N° 19/Barandillas"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | costume | donkey | figure study | genre subject | peasant | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Barandilles, a woman on a donkey, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.