- Hand-mill for grinding Gofio, Tenerife
- ca. 1828
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 6 5/8 inches (21.6 × 16.8 cm)
On verso, in pen and brown/red ink, lower center: "N° 39 | Tenerife | Hand-mill for grinding Gofio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject | grinding | house | jar | mill | peasant | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain | Tenerife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Hand-mill for grinding Gofio, Tenerife, ca. 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.