Portrait of a Lady
- Black and red chalk with stumping over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 6 1/8 inches (18.7 × 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "A Drawing of | Mr Hopners R A"; on back, lower right: "(3)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fichu | figure study | headpiece | kerchief | lady | nobility | oval | portrait | profile (figure)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.