John Downman, 1750–1824, British, Portrait of a Lady, Facing Front, undated
Portrait of a Lady, Facing Front
- Black, red, yellow, and blue chalk over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 9 5/8 × 8 inches (24.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "1 (encircled) | J. DOWNMAN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | costume | fichu | figure study | lady | necklace | nobility | oval | pearls | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.