Portrait Study of a Naval Officer
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 3/8 × 4 inches (13.7 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "3000"
Paul Mellon Collector's Mark
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: " S. Drummond"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | hat | man
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Drummond, 1765–1844, British, Portrait Study of a Naval Officer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.