Portrait Study of a Naval Officer
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 4 inches (13.7 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "3000"
Paul Mellon Collector's Mark
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: " S. Drummond"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | hat | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Drummond, 1765–1844, British, Portrait Study of a Naval Officer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.